A tool for documenting input/output examples—actual values that api functions take and return
Our tool's name has changed due to legal reasons, but it is still the same tool referred to in our ICPC tool paper. autoiodocu is a prototype toolset that helps api developers add input/output values in api documents.
autoiodocu has three programs that are all hosted in Github.
Some i/o examples for FFmpeg (official website):
- av_image_get_buffer_size: i/o example
- av_get_channel_layout_nb_channels: i/o example
- av_gcd: i/o example
- av_codec_get_tag: i/o example
- av_packet_copy_props: i/o example
- avcodec_descriptor_get: i/o example
- av_frame_set_best_effort_timestamp: i/o example
The entire FFmpeg documents generated by autoiodocu is here.
Some i/o examples for Libssh (official website):
The entire Libssh documents generated by autoiodocu is here.
We prepared a VM for you to try out autoiodocu. In the VM, we also installed FFmpeg and wrote instructions of how you can use autoiodocu to create i/o examples in documents. You can try autoiodocu by following the instructions in tryD****.txt in the folder of FFmpeg. This VM will be sent upon request.